Let’s talk about Target… you know, the store where you always go for just one thing and end up leaving with ten… nine of which you didn’t even need.
And with that being said, today I’m sharing with you some of my favorite home-related items from Target, all of which I conveniently don’t “need” but could definitely talk myself into buying. (Bonus – everything goes on clearance sooner or later…)
- These sunshine-colored curtains (featuring a lovely paisley pattern) would liven up any room.
- I’m all about the modern-ness of this glass terrarium, and I think it could make a cool candle holder as well.
- Stylish storage alert! Canisters with colorful lids + chalkboard labels? I’m sold.
- Basically this dragon-fly pillow just needs to fly its way on into my living room… end of story.
- Two of these classy table lamps would be the perfect addition to our bedside tables (in place of the mismatched ones we are currently using).
- I’ve packed away the wool throws for the winter and these organic blankets seem like the perfect replacement for the spring months.
I’m also a big fan of Target’s selection of soy candles. You should definitely check them out! (Why soy, you ask? I steer clear of standard paraffin wax candles because they emit a smoke which contains carcinogenic toxins (not safe to breathe) and after time those toxins create a film of black soot on the walls.)
*To see more of the items on my ‘home goods wish list,’ go here.
What are some of your favorite items you’ve spotted (or bought) at Target recently?
I picked up this old chair back when I was in college from a local thrift store for $10. A piece of furniture with a retro vibe and aged mustard cushions? Yeah, I had to have it.
Even though it’s a relatively unique piece, it always ends up in the corner of any room I put it in, just looking all drab and neglected. I knew it needed something. But what? I tried sprucing it up using various throws and accent pillows over the years, but that only seemed to hinder the chair’s character… until the other day when I came up with a new idea: paint.
Since there was plenty of leftover white paint from the cabinet makeover, here’s what I did to take the chair from ‘blah’ to ‘ooh-la-la!’
BINGO! A bit of paint gave it a whole new identity and enhanced the modern factor. It almost reminds me of something you’d come across at CB2 or Jonathan Adler.
Instead of fading into the corner like before, the chair has become a statement piece. Now all it needs is the accompaniment of a side table and floor lamp. The power of a little paint, people!
Do you have any furniture items that you think you could perk up with a coat of paint?
I love mixing modern pieces with vintage ones to create an eclectic style when decorating. Here are some of my favorite items to dress up a room!
1. Candle wall art; gives visual appeal and a warm ambiance when lit with candles
2. Antique globe; adds old world charm and vintage flare
3. Table lamp; light up a room (literally) with a punch of color
4. Faux fur blanket; a simple way to make a room say ‘cozy chic’
5. Indoor plant; livens up a space and cleans the air, win-win!
6. Reed diffuser; both aromatic and attractive (I like Thymes and Woodwick)
7. Brass animals; to be used as paper weights, bookends, or just cute shelf decor!
What are some of your favorite home decor items?
Oh, IKEA – only one of my favorite stores of all time (and I think a lot of you would say the same)! It’s the type of store you can find yourself easily spending an hour or two just aimlessly browsing around while reaping interior design inspiration with every step. And how fabulous that it’s actually affordable!?
Anyway, let’s get to the point here – I was extremely excited to find out that the [free] IKEA 2012 catalog is now available for request! Not only does the catalog show the new items IKEA is selling and feature the latest sales taking place, but it also provides fabulous room ideas, of course! (I still have the 2010 and 2011 catalogs and tend to reference them from time to time for interior design insight).
*Click here to request your free catalog today and expect to see it in your mailbox late summer!
^ Only one of the many room displays I am in love with!
To add to my list of things to be on the look out for [via garage sales/thrift stores/consignment shops] is unique photos and frames. Based on the aesthetically-pleasing and innovative displays below, it’s not hard to see why!
How inspiring… and picturesque! – No pun intended! ;-)
With summer underway welcomes the abundance of flea markets and weekend garage sales! I love combining old, unique pieces with new, modern ones… shabby chic anyone?!
Here are some items I’ll be on the look out for:
Vintage suitcases. Stacking them (as shown) adds charm to any room.
Salvaged window panes. I am thinking DIY headboard project…
An old, weathered trunk. A re-purpose inspiration piece to serve as a unique coffee or side table…
Antique cocktail rings – especially cameo-style! It’s the perfect statement accessory to spruce up any ensemble.
Ball Mason jars. Functions as an attractive stand-in for a vase to showcase fresh flowers… or simply a quaint approach to display dried pastas in the kitchen.