I realize that in the past few months I’ve talked heavily about greening your beauty routine (here, here, here, here or here)… but what about all those other items we use on a regular basis?! Today I’m showing you some of my favorite eco-friendly hygiene products! Let’s get to it…
- Preserve toothbrush – Made of 100% recycled yogurt cups — just how cool is that? Even cooler is the fact that the packaging doubles as a return envelope; once you’re ready for a new toothbrush, simply put your used one back in the package and send it off to the company for recycling, no postage necessary!
- EcoTools bath pouf – Produced from 100% recycled material, this bath pouf works great for daily cleansing and gentle exfoliation, eco style!
- Organic cotton balls – Whitened with hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine. Find ’em at your local Whole Foods Market or co-op.
- Tom’s of Maine whitening toothpaste – Get fresh breath and white teeth without the bleaching ingredients of standard toothpastes (plus no animal testing!) Bonus – 10% of the company’s sales go to charitable organizations that support the environment!
- Schick Xtreme3 disposable eco razors – Hair (and landfill waste) be gone! The handles of these eco-chic razors are made from post-consumer plastic that would otherwise be destined for the dump. (Even the packaging is made from 100% recycled paper!)
- Burt’s Bees tomato toner – *A personal fave! This 99.4% natural toner made from tomato, cucumber and parsley extracts helps to clean and tighten pores while leaving behind the subtle aroma of a sweet tomato garden — truly a summer skincare essential!
- Crystal salt stick deodorant – By opting for this affordable option you’re steering clear of the aluminum-based ingredients of typical drugstore deodorants that are linked to an increased risk of cancer.
- St. Ives body wash – Deal alert! For only $2.99, this energizing citrus-scented body wash will leave you smelling sweet using only ingredients made from 100% natural extracts, formulated without parabens and phthalates!
- Moss Envy bamboo/organic cotton blend towels – Dry off with these eco-friendly towels made from the renewable bamboo plant and organic cotton. Whatsmore, they’re hypoallergenic, anti-microbial and fast-drying!
- Goody eco-movement brush – Tame your tresses with this sustainable paddle brush crafted from natural bamboo!
- Acure Organics dry shampoo – Why shampoo daily when you can turn to this fast-acting solution that absorbs oil while leaving behind a pleasant almond scent? Makes for a great go-to item for those pesky “ahh, I’m going to be late!!” mornings.
- Neutrogena Naturals purifying facial cleanser – Wash away dirt and makeup without the use of harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes or phthalates.
What are some of your favorite eco-friendly hygiene products?